Sunday, August 30, 2009

Teeny Tiny Diaper

Dave came home from spending a few days in San Francisco for work on friday and pulled this little thing out of his pocket:
Yes, I used the magazine as a point of reference...this is a diaper for a 1000 gram baby. Markus was 3,650 grams when he was born (for you non-Europeans, that is 8 lbs). Do the math...yikes!

Dave was visiting the NICU at a hospital in San Fran and got a tour of the facilities.  As a result he saw a bunch of the teeny, weeny, itsy, bitsy babies that aren't doing too well. I'm glad it was him, because I'm not sure I could have dealt. It really made me think about what amazing people those doctors that choose to work in pediatric medicine are. Saints, that's all I have to say. Let's all take a moment and be thankful for the little things in life :) xo

1 comment:

SKATER-BABY said...

you didnt have a parenting magazine to put it next too! Best new bars? I bet thats unread in your house these days!
Get your huggies NB ready. Only a few more months..Than you can catch up on the bars.