Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa at the Central Park Zoo


Afer an eventful day at IKEA on Saturday we decided that it would be unforgivable not to take Grandma and Grandpa into the big city for a proper outing. Markus, not being a car baby anymore, wasn't too please with the ride through the Lincoln Tunnel, but once we arrived at the Hudson Hotel for brunch his mood improved markedly.Again, he was surrounded by people eager to give in to his every whim. Everyone took turns walking him around the halls to keep him entertained (well, everyone but me, that is!).
Once we finished our meals we were off to the Central Park Zoo to check out the Children's Zoo - Markus' favorite. Other than an incredibly LOUD wipeout on the concrete outside the gates of the zoo (loud enough to warrent the attention of some random do-gooder man who came running over to pick Markus up - which was kind, but weird) all went extremely well. Basically, Markus adores the zoo. And he is completely unafraid of the animals. And when I say completely, I mean completely. Which I think is phenomenal. Needless to say we became members and plan on going again and again and again....not to mention because of the special relationship grandma fostered with a gianormous white goat!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I wish I could say I was unafraid of animals! So brave!

S3DK said...

May I ask what you guys are doing posting videos at 5 in the morning!!! BTW, let's plan a playdate for CP too! Stella would really like to see a goat or two...